President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

Friday, June 10, 2011

June 2, 2011

Dear Mom & Dad;

How are things going back home? Good I hope. Sounds like ya'll had a great time with Kyle & Natalie and the kids home. Did Kel and Mel make it, I never heard, I sure hope the got to go. I like knowing that all the family is together, just like it should always be. Sounds like Liv had a little accident. I sure hope she is doing ok now! She is part Eppich she should be tough, lol! I sure hope the house is done by the time I get home and I miss the moving part. I do so much of that out here and would love to put the grass in so I get that job. lol Things are going pretty good here in Portales. We finally got rain here. So everyone is happy about that, lol. Si it is really starting to get hot here. It was in the upper 90's the other day. Man was that fun to ride bikes in that heat, lol. speaking of heat, Mom did you send those mesh garments? I want to try them to see if they will be cooler. Thanks! Man, I was sad to see Elder Krizin leave. At first we really struggled with each other and we were able to work things out and we got to where we were working really well together. We learned a lot from each other. He really had a hard time that I was younger than him but we made it work and now I hated to see him move on. Seems like you just get going with a companion and then it is time to move on. Oh Well! My new comp is from a little town in Idaho with about 150 people that live there. His name is Elder Ward. He is VERY quiet and scared. Kind of drives me crazy but we will work that one out, he will get more comfortable here, we have amazing members here. Just like home. His dad raises and works with horses for a living , I think that is way cool. Mom, there isn't a whole lot that I want you to send me because I know it will be food that I should not be eating. I love your cookies but I will eat them all and I am trying to keep my weight down so don't worry about it right now. I really don't need anything, but thank you. Our investigators are doing great but kind of slow. We are working with Sally, Pedro and Yla. They aren't really reading and we have only got them to church 1 time so hopefully something will change I hope soon anyways. I do think they will get baptized soon so that is good. Next is Destiny, she is legit. She was a referral from a member. She says she needs direction in her life and she has gone to other churches looking for that direction and hasn't found it so she is really liking the doctrine of Jesus Christ and what the Gospel has to offer. I know she will like this I have such a strong testimony of the Restored Gospel I just don't know how anyone could not see the good. The most progressing investigator is Michael. He is a cool kid. The only problem is he can only go to church like every 4 weeks so we have to figure that one out. But it will be all good. Well I got to get going, I am tired. I really need some sleep. Last week was so crazy and exhausting. So I plan on crashing here soon. I love ya'll lots. I am having a blast on my mission and so grateful that I am able to serve and especially here in the Lubbock mission. I will send more pictures Mom don't worry. Love ya'll! Take Care! Love Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment