President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

Friday, April 16, 2010

Hello from Amerillo Texas

Dear Mom & Dad;
I am going to answer some of your questions. No one in our group went to New Mexico. There will be a good chance that I will get sent there but that won't be for a little while. I am sure I will be here for a few months. Yes! I was pretty homesick the first few days but not really anymore. I mean, I still think about home but that's to be expected right. No! There really isn't a prominent church here. There are alot of faiths in Amerillo. There is pretty much a church on every corner. It's kind of funny because some of the people from other faiths will not even take our pass along cards because they think it will burn them or something. We have about 4 people that are really close to being baptized. I am really excited about that. One of the dates are set for the 24th of April.I am way excited for that day. Teaching is going pretty good. I have been a little nervous to do my part but I am getting over the scared part. The walking! I was pretty sore from walking everywhere that day. We had to walk because my trainer had his bike in the shop. We are riding bikes now, my bike is working way good. Others have said that getting the bike in Utah was one of the best decisions that I have made. I was happy about that. It is pretty cool because I have lost 5 lbs already.LOL The wind! You think that 58 mph is fast wind. You should come here, that is about normal here. It is ALWAYS windy here. That is about the only thing I hate in Amerillo is the wind. Talking about challenges! You know God never gives us anything that we can't handle or accomplish. I have learned that out here. In anything, if we just work hard and be prayerful, we can do anything. Like my friends say to me- DO WORK SON! Well everything else is going good. We are riding bikes. We ride Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thusday. Then we have the car Friday, Saturday and Sunday's. My trainer Elder Colton has been out 17 months, he is a pretty cool guy. I did go and get a camera when I got here. It is pretty nice and I like it. We are living with members in their house. We are like in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city. It's just me and my companion that live there with them. Tell all the kids Hi! I miss them alot. Can't wait to see them in 2 years. Well I better go. I love you lots. Mom I would love some of those chocolate turtle things from Costco. The one's that Dad has me hooked on. I do need a different set of scriptures. Mine are all marked up, I really don't know why I marked them, I didn't write anything on the side to know why I marked them, they are all messed up. I know what I want to mark now so I want to start a fresh pair.
Thanks Mom, I love you!

Letter to Dad:
Dad I made it to the second P-Day. Everything is pretty good here. The shopping isn't that bad at all because I am used ot it from being at College and being on my own. The letter writing isn't all that bad either, well, as of right now anyways.lol
Amarillo is pretty good. I swear, this is the only place on earth that rains when it is sunny outside.lol It is so crazy lol Oh! everyone keeps telling me that it is tornato season, so I am pretty excited about that, I can't wait to see one,lol. Mom told me about her and Natalie google mapping where I live, that was petty funny that she did that. She also said it was hard being this close and not being able to come and see me at the airport.lol So the technology these days are pretty crazy. They will even be better when I get back. The MTC was a pretty good experience. I liked it but then there were times I didn't like it. I didn't do so good sitting for 10 hours studying. I wanted so bad to get up and move around but we couldn't. The food was far from good. But I also enjoyed the good things about the MTC too!. I haven't gained any weight, in fact I lost. The lessons are going way good. We have 4 people almost ready for baptism. I can't wait for that. We have a baptism date set for April 24. I have been a bit nervous about the teaching end of the mission. I am starting to get over being so nervous. I seem to be getting doctrine down. We have had alot of good experiences. The reason we walked so much the first day was that my trainer had his bike in the shop. Well better get going. I love you lots, can't wait to hear back from you. Love ya lots Love Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment