President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hey Family;
Dad from reading the letters it looks like you had better get some sleep or your going to fall asleep doing your bids or something that wouldn't be good at all. You might mess up on something, lol. We ended up getting a phone call from the kid that was going to get baptized telling us that he can't get baptized because he still kind of believes in eveloution. We sat down with him and we talked to him for about an hour to see if that was his only concern, well it turns out that his main reason for not wanting to get baptized is cuz of his passed. He did drugs, he dosen't want to be forgiven for his sins because he doesn't want to forget them. We told him that even though he repents he can still remember not to do them. He said that he hasn't done anything for God for it to be equaled out. I told him that in Gods eyes being baptized will equal that out, it will be the leveler. We challenged him to keep reading and praying and we will call him Saturday. Who knows, I still have hope for him, maybe he will get baptized in 2 weeks, who knows, we will keep him in our prayers. I was pretty bummed out about that. This has happened twice to us. We will just carry on. We are looking for strong people that want to make a change in their lives. I don't know what we are doing wrong but we will figure it out. I did hear about that Bishop in California. So hard for his family. He left behind 6 boys and his wife. God must have something more inportant for him to do on the otherside, you know it is hard to lose people but when you realize they are in a better place than you are , it is a little bit easier to overcome the saddness, I think, anyways, I mean I haven't lost anyone that is really close to me so I guess I wouldn't know. The thing about Lehis dream that you mentioned Dad kind of made me laugh because we have a joke in the mission that when you fall asleep in personal study we say that you are studying Lehis dream, lol. Kinda funny I guess, lol. Dang, now that I think about it, missionaries have corny jokes. Very true, I think most of us are like Lamen and Lemual and don't see the big picture but when we finally do it can almost be to late sometimes just like it was for them. What I really have realized here in the mission is that I didn't do all I could back home that I was blinded by things that I did, or places that we shouldn't be, they make it so you can't feel the spirit and I think that is how it is for alot of people. Anyways! I gotta go, love ya all, take care and I will talk to you next week. Love Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment