President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

Monday, November 8, 2010

At the Emergancy Room

Dear Mom;

Well, It is about 9:05 p.m and I am at the emergancy room. One of the missionaries here in Midland broke something on his leg, we think. He was playing a game at a members home, they asked me and Elder Shaffer to take them to the hospital. So that is what I am doing on this eventfull night, lol. I hope we don't have to stay for ever. There are a lot of people here and we have only been here for about 10 min. But hopefully everything goes well.
I am sorry that I have taken so long to write back. I have been really busy this transfer working my butt off. This transfer has been pretty good. Right now we have set 4 dates. We set them all this past week. The first two were two black guys. Their names are Justin and Marsales. They are about 20 years old. The lesson with them was legit. They were almost crying during the lesson. It is the best thing they have ever heard. That is what they said. They said it was awesome. Their dates are set for the 20 of November. I hope that all works out. Steve is another investigator. He is a Catholic. We have been working with him for about 6 weeks. He is finally coming around. He is set to be baptized on the 20 of November also. I am pretty sure that will go through. He says he doesn't like people that don't keep commitments. I am really excited for him. We have Isiah. This kid is golden. He is a member referal. We taught him for the first time on Saturday. He said he was having the worst day ever. Then we came and taught and at the end of the lesson he said we made his day so much better. He felt by us coming he knows God loves him. He doesn't have Sundays off work but he wants to go to church so bad that he is going to switch his off day to Sunday. I hope ll of those baptisms go through. President Robinson said " This is the best Midland 2nd has been doing in a long time. I hope it continues. Oh! Also there is this other lady named Wakeshia. She is so awesome. We will probably set a date with her next week so I can't wait for that also. So, as you can tell things have been going pretty good here in West Texas. Midland especially. It is starting to get a little colder. We just started suit season. We have to wear our suits unless it is over 70 degrees. Which stinks! My suit is going to get trashed. Oh well! lol. Well, I found out that I am getting a new companion this transfer. Elder Shaffer is going to lubbock. Elder Shaffer and I were really clicking, I am going to miss that guy. This will be my 6th companion in 6 transfers. I don't really like that very much but OH! Well! I am sure there is a reason for everything. I am getting a kid from Canada. He was in a different mission for 2 months. He got sick and went home for 6 months and then he has been sent to our mission. I sure hope he knows Spanish. I wonder how long I will have him. Hope you all are doing well at home. How was Halloween? What did all the kids dress up as? Did you get many trick-or-treaters? How is work going for Dad with work and ACN? How about Kacie, how is her job going? How is your calling Mom. Can't believe Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is almost here. Before you know it , we will be having Christmas. Man time flies! How is Briar doing with everything? Is he staying strong? Oh! Elder Shaffer says hi and thank you for the McDonald's card for Halloween. Well ya'll are really lucky that fall is there.The trees here are still green. I might ask for a box of snow for Christmas because it doesn't really snow here. I am gonna miss the snow. Well I noticed you said that you were going to get back into hunting. I hope ya'll do because I really want to go deer hunting when I get home. For Thanksgiving a member in Midland invited all the missionaries to come over for dinner. Then we might be playing in a Turkey bowl that they will probably have with all the members here in town. Pretty excited. On p-days we play football with all the missionaries here in town. Well I had better end this letter. It is 1:30 a.m in the morning and they are about done. Time me go to bed. lol. Oh! His leg isn't broken. Hey! Mom can you call Kel and tell him that Daniel has moved to Logan. It would really mean alot to me if he could get ahold of him and see if he is ok. He doesn't have any family or friends there. It is important to me that he stays strong. Well, got to go. Love ya'll so much.
Love Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment