President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

President & Sister Robinson & Elder Eppich

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Catching up on letters

Hey Mom;
Well sorry that my e-mail wan't very long. I didn't have much time because I was e-mailing y'all back. Sounds like you have been pretty busy with your calling. I am sure you are enjoying it.
As far as the 24th of July. Our Branch did some pretty fun stuff. We all went over to the Branch Presidents house. We had a B-BQ. It was pretty fun. We also played an intense game of basketball and football in the rain. We had lots of fun but we got pretty dirty, lol. In this area they don't do a whole lot of pioneer stuff. I think they are loosing the Pioneer spirit in alot of places, it's not good. We need to recognize the people that established this area. Mom that was pretty awesome that you invited the past presidency of the Relief Society in to give them a special gift. I am sure they appreciated it. Who was the past presidency anyway?
OK! Did Dad really ask the hometeachers to mend his socks and ask for a meal? Lol! That is way awesome, I laughed so hard when I heard that. I am sure you are taking good care of Dad.
Mom, you know I have been studying and learning alot about charity. It is an amazing gift. A great example of charity is Christ. That is the best way to honor Him and serve is to have charity. I have a great experience about serving and charity. This past week we were with Daniel, the guy we baptized. He lives with his Grandma, she is Catholic and was very angry and upset that he got baptized. We went over to their house and we spent the day and did alot of service for her, fixing things and helping her around the place.Daniel said that after we left his Grandma started to cry. She felt the spirit so strong while we were there and that we were not bad people and that Daniel didn't make a bad choice. Sometimes people hear things about us and don't understand and just form opinions on their own and don't ask us. She told Daniel that she would like to learn more about what we have to share. Just by loving her and serving her we were able to soften her heart about us and Daniel's choice. It taught me alot. That has strengthened my testimony of service. It is so amazing how the smallest things can change someones mind.
How are you doing trying to get to know the lady next door? I bet it is going to take some time. I know she has not been very friendly. I wish you good luck. You better hurry because you may not be there a whole lot longer. It is true that the pure love of Christ and just loving unconditionally can sand off the rough edges of anything. So you got a letter from Elder Reay? I miss that kid so much. I haven't seen him since I got to Texas. Have you talked to his mom lately? I wrote her a letter. His family is way tight. I can't wait to meet them. We do get to call other Elders. I will get some pictures with the Ellis family. I will get that done. Great family! Oh! Mom don't worry I do know how to skip rocks. The reason we were skipping big rocks is because me and Rymer wanted to see who can skip a big on the farthest. Of course I won, lol. Oh! Yes! I had to try the shock collar or the rest of the guys would of calledme a pansy, lol. It hurt! Not again! One of the members is a police officer. It was pretty funny. I did hear that Kacie's friend from Midland came to visit her. That's pretty cool. Maby I will get to meet him sometime while I am here. Well I will tell you a little bit about our investigators. Michael Green is a single parent, he has a 6 year old daughter, he is great and coming along great likes having us come. He is pretty good friends with the Pastor of the Cowboy church so he will have to make some decisions. He is a great guy and we enjoy visiting with him. Ray Ellis is awesome. We read the scriptures with him every night. We are just trying to get him to come with us and his family to church. This is the family that watches out for us alot. Great family. We have Mark and he will be getting baptized on the 7th, he is a friend of Daniel's.
Well mom, I am all good with the homesickness now. It was so hard at first. I am not as homesick as I was before, I love my mission and love the people of Alpine, Texas. They are awesome. Well got to get going. Mom, I love the fitted shirts, don't worry Mom I am keeping the bike tires on the ground now, I hated staying in the apartment and so did my comp so I will be laying low from now on. Learned my lesson.
Love ya so much. Love Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment